Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Where to start?

So much has happened in our lives since my last post I don't even know where to start! Most importantly, Jacque graduated. We are so proud of her...she was in the top 5% of her class and received quite a few scholarships to help pay for her college. She is so very excited about moving on to this next phase in her life. I can't wait to see what it has in store for her too! Graduation was at Reliant Stadium this year instead of the Toyota Center. I so wish they would start having the ceremony at the high school stadium. They are so far away from us at these large venues. Lucky for me though, there was a school district employee who grabbed some shots for me while on the floor. {Thank you Craig!} Here is our baby girl waiting her turn to walk across stage. These kids in the top 10% received lots of scholarships!


Being congratulated by Superintendent Dr. Mark Henry:


and receiving that hard earned high school diploma from school board President Jeff Miller!


I am so grateful to have these close up photos. Even though I had a zoom lens I could never have captured these expressions like Craig did!


I love it when the ceremony is over and all of the grads throw their hats in the air...talk about make a girl cry! It is bittersweet my friends...bittersweet! Proud of all of these kiddos and I wish a bright future for every single one of them!


Baby girl walking out with the top brass :-)



When we got outside of the stadium a storm was rolling in so we only had time for a couple of pics. Darn! Jacque and her big sister:


and all four of my babies all grown up! Kinda makes a girl sad, you know? Little man will be the lone DiStefano in high school this year. I'm sure he will be just fine...not so sure about momma...


Nana, PawPaw and Aunt Pam were all in town to help us celebrate so we headed out to Jac's restaurant of choice for dinner. Here we all are except Jacque's beau (who was the photographer for this shot) and Jacque's sweet little daddy...where did you go daddy?


Jacque and her Aunt Pam. They are planning a big trip together for college graduation!


We celebrated with a party too! Jacque wanted a slip and slide and pinanta. We had a lot of fun and wonderful food shared with friends and family who make our life complete! I do love how her party invitations turned out.



I love the quote she chose for the back. She adores the Harry Potter book series and it is just so appropriate.


It is rare that I step in front of the camera and I am so glad that I remembered to do this. All of us in one photo...WOW!


And last, but not least, a very proud Grandma!


Once all of this was behind us it was time to head out to our favorite vacation spot for two weeks.


It was time for a little relaxing...and relax we did!

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! It seems like yesterday that jacque was in middle school...I can't imagine how proud you are of her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi i’m Heather! I have a question for you! Please email me :)
    HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails